What should i do???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by conny63malies, Jun 9, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I still dont have all the chicks i want, there is room for four more. I want a female frizzle, a turken or other naked neck, a modern game hen(those skinny tall ones) and a EE or two. Here is where you come in should i order from Ideal or get the eggs of ebay or other breeder (a fellow member.)
    I am torn, if i order i could incubate some muscovy eggs at the same time. I fell in love with them and want to breed some for meat and eggs.

2. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Songster

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I would order from Ideal, they seem to be the one of the best and lot's of members use them including me. You could get them from a member if they are willing to ship to you, as for ebay, I know that I would hesitate as you are never completly sure what you will get but I know there are some of the members who have gotten eggs and had good luck. I myself , I want to go with a good company so if there is a problem, I can count on them to fixi it to my satisfaction.. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    thats my issue right now with the eggs tht they get treated poorly during shipping. My 2nd box got x-rayed, the 3rd got kicked around(1 chick from19 eggs) and my my quail eggs were dropped or so - out of 50 eggs 13 were cracked so badly i had to toss them, well i threw them in the frying pan and another 5 are iffy.
    Plus i have a lady on freecycle that will take all packing peanuts that might come or other surplus roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: