1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what should I feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chasehope, Apr 2, 2007.

1. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I have chicks, of a range of ages from hatching to 8 weeks, as well as baby turkeys that are about 5 weeks, and some various aged ducklings. Right now they are all living together, and I need to know if I should seperate them, or if they are okay together and what is the best thing to be feeding them at these ages. Any help would be great!

2. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    yes you really need to seperate them.the chicks need tobe on chick starter.an the turkeys need tobe on 24% game bird feed.i think the ducks can eat the gamebird as well.but im not to sure.need to check with your feedstore.

3. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    the problem is that the feedstore has NO idea. They told me to feed them all scratch!!! I know thats not right!! Thanks for the info

4. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    You also might get help if you post under the "Other Poultry" section. That's were duck & turkey lovers hang out. All I know about is chicks and yes they must be on starter or starter/grower.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by