what should i get incubator wise

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nicola, May 11, 2009.

1. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    im thinking of buying a incubator but tossing up which one i should save up for these are the ones im thinking of getting

the hexabator from planetpoultry 220$ + P+H
    f
    rom brook feild poultry equipment
    the hovabator 1585A(picture window fan forced) with turner 345+P+H without turner 245+P+H or

the hovabator (2 little window fan forced)with turner 330+P+H and without turner 230+P+H

any sugestions about what ones do u think are good and what do u think about which one i should get? or any other places that would be cheaper to get the ones im thinking about getting a manual turn automatic sounds to fiddly to me [​IMG]

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I love my hovabator 1588! It has a preset thermostat, and works soooo good! I have really good hatches with it. I don't know where you can get one where you live, but I got mine on ebay for $138 I think it was. [​IMG]

Forgot to say that I would be lost without my turner!!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    whats the diff between the 1588 and the 1585A and didnt people have problems moving the eggs from the turner to the floor with a temp difference causing the eggs not to hatch?

4. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    anyone elses opinions

5. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    The 1585A is a wafer thermostat incubator. The 1588 has a digitally set thermostat. It is much more stable than a wafer thermostat. I love my 1588 and do not have a problem with temp. as far as when I remove the turner for hatching. I have had very good hatch rates.[​IMG]

6. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    i think where im getting it from only has wafter thermostats cause i think thats all that comes into australia

7. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
  8. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I didn't see a 1588 listed on that link.[​IMG] Have you looked on Ebay? I know they have 1588's listed, not sure about shipping to Australia, though.[​IMG]

9. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    yer thats why i asked i wasnt looking at getting a 1588 someone suggested it i dont think i can get them in oz i think i can only get the 1622's and the 1585 even on ebay id rather get them in australia than out of the country

10. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    if you like to fidget with things....get an LG [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by