What should I name my chicks?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Peep123, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Peep123

Peep123 New Egg

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm getting new chicks soon![​IMG]yay!

Anywho, i need some cute names for my new chicks. im getting an Easter Egger, a Barred Plymouth Rock, a White Leghorn, and an Australorp. They are all females.

-Thank you!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    What are your likes? What interests you?

You can name them after greek, roman, norse, or Egyptian goddesses. Maybe greek muses. There are several reigning queens around the world. Do you know your grandmother and great grandmother’s names? Favorite teachers? Maybe look up wild birds or maybe flowers that are colored a like them? Disney has had several princesses. Maybe call them Halleluiah, Hosanna, Glory and come up with another one so when you are yelling at them you are praising the Lord.

Come on, use your imagination. You’re the one that will have to live with them.

3. cosmic chicken

cosmic chicken Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2013
    Varina, Va
    I like the ideas from the previous post! However, our chickens have some oddball names. We got them as straight run, so had no idea whether they would be male or female.

We got one showgirl and given that they look so strange the kids suggested "lady gaga" which stuck. Of course, lady gaga ended up being "lord gaga" the rooster.

The cochin, we named "juggernaught", however anytime he is near food I call him "thug-gernaught" because he runs everyone off!

My suggestion is to have fun with the names, chickens are silly creatures.

4. Peep123

Peep123 New Egg

Feb 1, 2014
    thank you! I ended up naming one of my chicks Cleo after the name Cleopatra because it looked like she was wearing egyptian eyeliner.

5. Chicken Girl 5

Chicken Girl 5 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    Ha!! I named my White Leghorn Athena.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    My granddaughter would name them after Disney princesses.

7. seth osborn

seth osborn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2015
    What about rosy.

8. rides2far

rides2far Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Bakersfield California
    I named mine either for their personalities or their coloration. A few got names because of an adventure ( like Jett who got out one day & ran around the coop at 100 mph trying to get back in). One was so mean we named her Brunhilda. Now she's a sweetie & we call her Hildy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by