what should you do before selling chickens

jk47

Songster
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
CA
okay im trying to sell some most of not all of my small flock is there any thing that I should do before handing them over to the buyer like worming,cleaning do I throw in some feed
in with and how much should I charge per bird there 2 years old and still laying so that's why im selling I would hate to send them to freezer camp because their still laying
but I sell eggs as a side business so I want to get new layers but these layers still give plenty of eggs for someone wanting eggs for there own use
sorry fore all the questions I have never sold any kind of poultry just pigs which I already have a market for

It all depends on who you are selling to. When I sell my hens, they are either laying or not laying. I usually sell them for 10 bucks a piece. They sell quiet fast. You don't have to throw in feed because that is the other persons responsibility. You don't have to worry about worming or cleaning the chickens either. That is not a biggie.

Check your local craigslist and see what hens are going for. That gives you an idea of what to charge.

I have 2 year old hens that are laying also, once I confirm who all is laying I'll be advertising them for $10 each, and I always give a price break if you buy several birds. I don't worm, etc, so none of that here. No feed, and you have to bring your own box.

Back
Top Bottom