what size chicken house do i need

blueseal

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
WALDOBORO MAINE
i have 17 chicks and i was wondering how big of a house they would need from 8 weeks of age until 18 weeks. they are standard layers. this will be temperary until there old enough to go in with the big flock. they will have access to a 12x12 covered run also.

i have a 10x12 coop that is currently housing 10 adult standards . trying to figure a way to house the 17 new ones because i know the little ones cant be in with the big flock until there adult size.

Could you divide your current coop in half? There would be enough space for both flocks and they would "get to know" each other from the other sides of the wire.

Quote:
yes i could but the only problem is the little ones wouldnt have access to a run they would be cooped up until there big enough to go out with the big flock.

That is an excellent idea and would pretty much completely solve your problem
smile.png

Pat

Quote:
yes i could but the only problem is the little ones wouldnt have access to a run they would be cooped up until there big enough to go out with the big flock.

how much space would the chicks need theres 17 in all just dont want them to be to crowded i sectioned off a 6ft long by 4ft wide pen all ready but not sure if its enough.

Back
Top Bottom