1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Size do you make for Turkey Doors

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by LoveMyBirds, Aug 13, 2008.

1. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    I'm building a Turkey pen and run ,, I need the size of a door for Bourbon Reds if anyone have an approximate measurement..

E-mail me if you want..

I need to know ASAP.. I'm starting on the outside part tomorrow and within couple days I need to cut my hole...

Thank you..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

We made the door to our turkey hut, 4 ft tall. This way I can get out to the yard if needed....fairly easy.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I have a broody Buff & Bourban turkey that squeezes her big butt through a 10x10" chicken coop door (little door inside the big door), so any thing bigger than that should be fine! [​IMG]

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:do you have a picture of your "hut"???

5. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Quote:HaHa.. That's a tiny hole for a turkey...

Since your Bourbon can get thru that ,, I'll make mine about 20" high by 14" wide then.. that should be good .. if not.. I can always cut bigger...

Thanks again..

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Here are a few pics of the hut dureing construction. We were in the process of adding another coops to this hut...for chickens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It was built with the intentions of haveing just one tom and and one hen. There are now 3 hens...so we will be increasing the size when the NEW coop is done, hopefully in a few weeks.

7. pdpatch

pdpatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Hastings, Nebraska
    15 x 15 would be a small door, 18 x 18 would be better.

Great white and BB bronze need one about 20 x 20 as they get older.

Tom

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by