What size fencing?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by aaronzclark, Apr 29, 2009.

1. aaronzclark

aaronzclark Chillin' With My Peeps

So I have finally got enough money for one roll of 100ft fencing it will be used for my 2 pygmy goats and my chickens/ducks should i save a few dollars and go with the 36in or get the 48in I mean if you think I won't need the extra height then I won't spend the extra but tell me what you think

2. fernandez0067

fernandez0067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schenectady
    I have pygmys too and they wouldnt be a problem with the 36" but the chickens and ducks would definitley get over it and most likely the 48" too.

3. aaronzclark

aaronzclark Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah but just to be safe I will get the 48" because I don't think they will fly over it because they will have a lot of room to roam and its not like they will be chased or something lol

4. fernandez0067

Dec 2, 2008
    Schenectady
    ya as long as they have enough to do they shouldnt be too inclined to fly over.... you might have the occasional escape though [​IMG]

5. fernandez0067

Dec 2, 2008
    Schenectady
    I actually just posted a similar question a couple weeks ago because i have a large area i want to let my chickens free range, and i need to fence it in because one of my dogs has a taste for chicken.

I am thinking of doing a 6' fence only because my dog is quite the jumper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by