What size shipping box.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wolf-Kim, May 1, 2008.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I was just wondering what size box should I order off the UPS site? I've heard they send them free, but I don't know what size to order. I want the use them to ship hatching eggs.

Thanks!
    -Kim

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I usually get several sizes in lots of 25. I like the 11X8 Flat rate box as I can ship up to 2 doz anywhere for 8.95. I like the smaller boxes for shipping just a doz or less. They have a new Flat rate box that is larger for 12 something I am told. Go ahead and order the 1000 roll priority stickers to tape the wrap around your eggs too.

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It depends, I use the 11x8.5x5.5" boxes and the 7x7x6 and the 12x12x8. There free so I would order 10 of each. That way you can decide which one is the best.

What type of hatching eggs are you shipping? Goose, duck, chicken?

4. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicken. LOL. Probably should have included that. What is the exact site(and where on the site) do I order?

-Kim

5. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    Also, one more thing, to recieve PayPal do I need to be a PayPal customer? [​IMG] Sorry, I'm pretty new to the shipping egg thing. I know how to pack well but it's the other details that get me. LOL

Thanks everyone,
    Kim

6. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Also, one more thing, to recieve PayPal do I need to be a PayPal customer?

Yes

7. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Just Google USPS and then you will see the offered services. They show all pictures of what you are ordering and what is free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by