What size would this chick turn out to be?

S.L.Swope

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
San Antonio
I saw this cute chick on craigslist and was wondering would it get to be standard size or inbetween and any clue what size egg I'd get? I know in the add she says midsized but I wanted expert opinions
wink.png

Thanks Everybody!

"I have 2 baby chicks looking for a new home.
There mom is a Barred Rock who is a great egg layer. Dad is a Bantam Barred Cochin. They seem like they are going to be a midsized bird. Possibly a little smaller then the standard sized chicken. Friendly and used to being handled. MUST go together. $10 Straight Run"

honestly there is no telling with a bantam X standard - it will just depend on which parent the chick takes after more. If chicks turn out to be hen(s) would be more along a medium sized egg probably, - again it will depend on what breed/parent the chick takes after more.

Thanks for the reply. So it's anybodys guese then, ok. I'm looking for my first chicks and want to buy locally instead of paying to ship and getting more than I need or want. I want certian breeds and this cross had one so I though maybe somewhere to start. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom