What started as an FFA project has turned into a family obsession

mommyxfive

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 3, 2013
Arkansas
So my daughter wanted to raise pullets for her FFA project this year, and after several meeting and $25 we were the proud owners of 25 cute fuzzy chickies
yeah.....they were cute. One died the first night and I though yeah...chickens this is easy NOT! 2 days later we lost our second one to the family dog :( and number 3 well she survived after me nursing her for 2 weeks. (she's now my favorite...don't tell the rest) We watched them grow and I counted the days till the county fair when we'd be done with all this "Chicken Stuff". Needless to say we fell in love. We go out and watch them and eagerly watch for eggs....(there still not all laying which bugs me, but is probably normal?) We have 19 left (3 were sold at the auction....she did great, never knew chicken showing was so crazy). I've come to this site on several occasions to gather information and figured it was about time to jump in the coop and become a member. Looking forward to many more years with y'all and hopefully one day I can be more helper then helped ^^.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Chicken keeping is a crazy hobby, but it's great too. Hope you get some eggs soon!

Hi, I just joined today. It does become an obsession. I love my hens and they appear to adore me but it's probably only because I am the 'bringer of food and cuddles' Hope you have many wonderful happy years with your feathered family :D

Back
Top Bottom