What State are All the Jobs going to?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I Live in Michigan about 1/2 hour west of flint. My whole life, I've always worked with computers or in a warehouse setting. Obviously most of the warehousing and manufacturing jobs are going away, and what I went to college for (computers) I can't find a good paying job because they're all outsourced..ACK!!! [​IMG]

My parents, brothers and sisters have made the Move to Texas over the past few years, because of the market and economy here... want to know what ya'll think?

PS, I am a transplant. My dad's family are from Alabama, mom's are all in Texas so other than I love the house and countryside where I live, I am not against moving.

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not this state! We have been laid off for over a year!

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    hahaha exactly.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    The Texas Prison system is hiring. TDCJ-ID

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    We live in Amarillo, TX and we are lucky, the job market and economy have stayed pretty solid here.

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    My family are all in East Texas right now from Dallas down to Khema and Galveston. I'd love to split and move, but not sure if there is anything I can do yet. Rats, I wonder if I'd be better off going back to school for a new career.

7. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Colorado. Have you seen all the job postings in that state? My brother is up there right now and making good money.

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd say a State of Emergency. It's really scarey that so many professions have a hiring freeze around here...teachers for one. Even in healthcare jobs are tougher to come by. And healthcare was always such a sure bet when it came to job searches.

9. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
  10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    There are some excellent job opportunities coming to the Hemlock, Michigan, area, due to the expansion of the Hemlock Semiconductor plant. There is also a project for a brand-new power plant in that area in the works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by