What temp do you set your Brinsea to?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lutz123, May 12, 2011.

1. lutz123

lutz123 Chillin' With My Peeps

It's an Eco 20 with cradle. Mine was 106 out of the box. I've adjusted it and it's at 100.5 now (both the glass one that comes with it, and a glass one I have at the bottom). What should I set it to? I will be setting Brahmas & French Black Copper Marans today.

2. fifelakelooper

fifelakelooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    fife lake, mi.
    Quote:I have the Brinsea Advance EX and I set the temp at 99.6....it would not let me set it at 99.5....I called Brinsea and they said leave it at 99.6. This is my 3rd hatch and my previous two went fine...no problems. Mine has a digital thermometer to set....yours is different?? CALL them (Brinsea) for ANY questions....I think I must have called them 6 times when I first used it...they help.

3. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    My Eco has some slight fluctuations in its heating. I do try to keep the temperture at a little below 100, but sometimes I find it closer to 101. The last hatch, the temp was left on the high side (above 100, below 101.5) and the chicks hatched early, and to my eye, they seem less active than other chickens from hatches where the heat was lower and the time period was 21 days. That is relying on the Brinsea thermometer. When I put in a digital thermometer, the digital reads about a degree higher than the Brinsea. So, I don't know if the temperture information I've given above will be accurate to your Brinsea, since the machines can have their little quirks.

4. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Quote:I have the Brinsea Advance EX and I set the temp at 99.6....it would not let me set it at 99.5....I called Brinsea and they said leave it at 99.6. This is my 3rd hatch and my previous two went fine...no problems. Mine has a digital thermometer to set....yours is different?? CALL them (Brinsea) for ANY questions....I think I must have called them 6 times when I first used it...they help.

That's weird. I was able to set mine at 99.5 but it did always run between that and 99.7. Mine is the Advanced EX as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by