1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What temp for guinea incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kkm, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kkm

kkm In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Shawnee, OK.
    Me and my son worked to put up an electric net to protect our guinea from an opossum that was seen last night. Just got in the house and I heard her squawking. We went out and checked and Justin yelled "A SNAKE!",there was a big black snake curled around the nest snacking on her eggs! I grabbed it by the neck and threw it. Out of the 13 she started with, there lay two lonely eggs. One was pipping, so i'm putting them in the incubator. I'm holding them against my belly while waiting for bator to get warm, but not sure what temp to warm it to. Help please! I can feel it moving and scratching! So cool![​IMG]

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Same as for chicken eggs 99.5 forced air 102 still air 27/28 day incubation period [​IMG] Good luck with them [​IMG]

3. kkm

kkm In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Shawnee, OK.
    Thanks. I knew it was somewhere around 100. One of them has hatched already , right in my lap!

4. mrslb333

mrslb333 Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    OOh congratulations good job you saved them [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kkm

kkm In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Shawnee, OK.
    Well one of them anyway. Haven't noticed much from the other egg. Now if this one will just hang on. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by