What temperature and age is good for ducklings to play outside?

CottageChick04

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
My baby ducks are 3 days old and very energetic. They eat and drink well and are super sweet! But I feel like it would be nice to watch them enjoy the outside environment.
Luckily for me, I live in Texas and the weather is always warm at this time of the year (typically in the high 80's to mid-'90s).

I was wondering if it is a bad idea to let them outside to play and run around a bit and get all the pent up energy out of their system before night comes?
And are they even old enough to do this?
I would be watching them closely to make sure they are safe and happy and not overheating. There also really aren't any major predators in the area...

But yeah, thank you to anyone who can answer this!

My baby ducks are 3 days old and very energetic. They eat and drink well and are super sweet! But I feel like it would be nice to watch them enjoy the outside environment.
Luckily for me, I live in Texas and the weather is always warm at this time of the year (typically in the high 80's to mid-'90s).

I was wondering if it is a bad idea to let them outside to play and run around a bit and get all the pent up energy out of their system before night comes?
And are they even old enough to do this?
I would be watching them closely to make sure they are safe and happy and not overheating. There also really aren't any major predators in the area...

But yeah, thank you to anyone who can answer this!
80-90s perfect weather for a duckling to be outside! I let mine out in the 70s

Back
Top Bottom