What The Feather???

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by FarmerBetty, Jan 5, 2013.

1. FarmerBetty

FarmerBetty Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2012
    Seriously... What in the name of God can possibly be wrong with me???

Last night I had a horrible dream!!! I looked in the mirror and large pores appeared on my chin. Little pieces of "something" were sticking out from them. Obviously I was freaking out and got the tweezers- they were the part of the feather that sticks in the chicken!!! I was "plucking" feathers from my FACE!!!!!!

I think possibly I may be reading too many chicken books. This spring will be our first ordering chicks and brooding them. I read everything I can get my hands on about chickens.

I am still grossed out! I mean big long white feathers were GROWING from my chin!!!! How do you erase that kind of dream from your memory??? Ugh!!!

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I once saw a vid where there seriouly was a feather in a kids face they had to pull it out.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cknldy

Cknldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    Appalachian mtns
    It was on the news last week- 9 mth old baby had swelling in mouth/jaw area that baffled doctors. While in hospital mom/relative saw something like a stick poking outside skin at jawline. Drs pulled out a 2 inch feather. Said parents had feather pillow baby must have gotten feather in it's mouth. Poked through cheek to outside causing swelling. Baby fine with no problems or signs it ever happened!

1 person likes this.
  4. FarmerBetty

Dec 29, 2012
    You guys aren't making me feel better!!! LOL

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have you seen the movie "Black Swan"?

6. FarmerBetty

Dec 29, 2012

I think so... It's that crazy ballet movie isn't it? The understudy goes nuts or something? I remember she was crazy!!

7. Cknldy

Cknldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    Appalachian mtns
    Your not going crazy- chickens have just taken over!lol I've had dreams about chickens just not about turning into one. And BTW, thanks for your heartfelt response about the dog incident.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yep, and growing feathers. [​IMG]

9. FarmerBetty

Dec 29, 2012
    Really? You just had to??? Lol!!!

10. FarmerBetty

Dec 29, 2012

Awwww you're very welcome. I'd hate to see you punish yourself over an accident. Mistakes happen!

Apparently the chicken dream is common lol! I just want to get that awful, gross, vision out of my mind of the big pores! Seriously gross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by