What The heck!!!! a strange hen!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MonkeyZero, Jul 3, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Ok so I went outside to go turn on the sprinkler and get my shoes I left out. I turned on the light outside, and bam, in my face, there is a little phoenix wearing a leash and collar(how'd they do that) and just tied there. I looked around to see if anyone was there. So then I put it in a cage in the kitchen. Tommorow Ill try to get pics, my cam is carging. SO yeah, kinda freaky!!! Its so weird. It bit me twice, and is sitting there. Its going to the feed store tommorw. 3 chickens is enough. and No Im not giving it to you... LOL.

2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    What feedstore are you takin it to?? I dont need another chicken, just wondering,lol. Pretty interesting though!

3. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Um probably JS west, but if not, I may give it to a friend who just has 1 BR. I may give it too her. Hey OEG, where can I get a few seramas, I may get one(i only want banties, nothing that big)(besides the feed store)

4. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Oh, cool! JS West is my hangout,lol. Heather is a friend of mine. I have no clue where you can get Seramas though, sorry.

5. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Oh cool! I mostly talk to dave.(even though hes kinda mean to other customers at times(not to me). I never go there, only to see if they havve seramas(like never), or to get feed.

6. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Dave is mean?! That is kind of shocking. Ken isnt very nice, but Dave has always been really nice,lol. I've never seen Seramas there, too bad cause they are cute. Have you checked on CA Chickens?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  7. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    hey sindoora,
    i'm down in the los angeles area and i just hatched out some serama babies. if you are going to be down in the LA area anytime soon i will sell you a couple of chicks!
    [​IMG]

8. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Thanks for the offer, but i doubt we'll be going to LA in a while. To me, I personally think Ken is a lot nicer than Dave. Heather is nice too.

9. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Interesting. Ken is nice to me, but when I was younger he was rude. I've known Heather forever, she's gotta be nice to me,lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by