what the heck am i!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dan_grow, Oct 30, 2010.

1. dan_grow

dan_grow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    i was sent this free "Exotic" chick from mcmurry and have no idea what breed it is. so far i know its not a australorp, jersy giant, any bantam, not a rock, black star, and a whole crap loud of other bird but im prity sure its a rooster what do you think he is??

[​IMG]
    those brown wing feathers are what makes me wounder what he could be
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    How interesting. The only colors that start out black then go brown/gold are mutt colors or Black Copper. I'm not sure what it is, honestly. It has a normal single comb and normal black leg color, but being from such hatchery - I'm not sure at all.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    By the coloring I would say it would be a Black Star pullet but I dont know why in the world they would consider that a Rare Exotic chick, but they send mutty EEs as the Exotic chicks too so maybe ????

4. it looks like a standard modern game!

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:I think McMurray only has BBRed modern games though and thats not BBRed.

6. dan_grow

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    RAREROOBy the coloring I would say it would be a Black Star pullet but I dont know why in the world they would consider that a Rare Exotic chick, but they send mutty EEs as the Exotic chicks too so maybe

Im thinking an EE too​

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. dan_grow

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    ive been looking up pics of sex links maybe you were right rareroo

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  8. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yep Thats what I am thinking, the can have a good bit of variation in the gold color, some may have a lot like the ones I make using a buff orp roo on barred rock hens, and some are pretty much solid black, so I would say that it is a Black Sexlink pullet but still obsurd that it would be your "Exotic " chick. When I ordered from MM they sent me a Silver Spangled Hamberg rooster.

9. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'll tell you what it is: It's awful cute and funny looking! [​IMG]

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Highly doubt this single combed, clean faced, black legged chick is an Easter Egger. [​IMG] Yes, EE's can look almost like anything, but a perfect single comb like that, a clean face, black legs, and a black base of color - Hatcheries would REALLY have to work it to make that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by