What the heck are these beautiful creatures?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KMead23, May 2, 2017.

1. KMead23

KMead23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2017
    Saint Albans, WV
    Hi all! I've asked before when they were much younger but now my little feathered friends are about 1 month, 3 days old. Any clue on sex/gender of these (hopefully) gals?

1) Red sexlink or Buff Orp? I've been told both. (Sorry for the crap lighting, they are in the garage right now - she's much more cream and tan colored than "red") - Hopefully a pullet

[​IMG]

2) Barred Rock (Pullet) - or maybe not because I don't see clear barring on her? Could she be something else? Or just not pure?

[​IMG]

3) Sold from the Bantam bin (pullet) - has feather feet - I am thinking Porcelain Booted Bantam or D'uccle? She just this week grew those feathers sticking out of the side of her head and has me totally puzzled.

[​IMG]

4) Ayam Cemani - my neighbor hatched 2 - hoping this one is a pullet but how the heck do you know?

[​IMG]

5) Sold as a "brown pullet" - the comb is going a bit pink now though...he/she has feathered feet

[​IMG]

Thanks so much! :)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    First one is hard because of the lighting, the comb is???

Second looks like a barred rock, third is a Millie fluer d'uccle, last looks like a production red. All are too young to accurately sex yet, though currently they look like mostly pullets, give them a few weeks. Combs on most roosters will get pink at about 5-6 weeks.

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    #1 looks like a RSL pullet
    #2 looks like a Barred Rock pullet
    #3 looks like a porcelain d'Uccle, thinking pullet
    #4 not sure, where did your neighbor get the egg?
    #5 Since it has feathered feet I'm thinking Cochin

4. KMead23

Apr 13, 2017
    Saint Albans, WV

Thanks! The breeds don't matter so much, I am just more curious about what they are than anything. :)
    On the AC - my neighbor has a AC Roo and Hen and gave me one of the babes she hatched.

5. KMead23

Apr 13, 2017
    Saint Albans, WV
    Thank you!! I hate waiting for them to get older so we can definitely tell their sex lol - they need names! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by