1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What the heck breed are these things?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken Egg 17, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Does anyone know what breed these four chicks are I got them from tractor supply a while ago and they were in the bantam tank. But I had hatched two chickens about a month or longer before I got them and these were a few days old when I got them and they are bigger than the ones I hatched so I was think maybe some kind of Cornish but as huge as there legs are and the size they are at there age I was also considering black jersey Giants but I don't think they are those. The two black ones are my main concern but I would also like to know what breed the other two are. Plus can anyone tell me the gender of them also I think they are all roosters but I just can't imagine them all roosters.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will get the other pics of the other two here in a bit thanks in advance.

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Mixed breed cockerels.

3. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Thanks all I know about them is they were in the mixed bantam tank wih the brown ones I am getting ready to get some pics of and they separated these ones because they kept dying but I got another one after the first one I had died, but the replacement one went and was happy and healthy. But anyways are you sure they are mixed breed coming from tractor supply?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

O and do you know if all four are roosters or not.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I wouldn't trust Tractor Supply to know what they are selling any more than a random person off the street would.

Both of these are Production Red cockerels. So yes, all four roosters.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Queen Misha - all cockerels

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Mixed breed cockerel, I have gotten two mixed breeds from TSC. Here are some picture:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Lucky at least it looks like you have got at least one or two hens thank you

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by