WHAT THE HECK IS HE??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ProudNewChickenMommy86, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    HIS NAME IS BIG RED. HE'S VERY SWEET. HE LOVES HIS GIRLS, AND ALWAYS PROTECTS THEM. HE DOES NOT LIKE MY HUSBAND BUT LOVES ME AND MY KIDS LOL. HE HOPS IN OUR LAPS AND RUBS HIS BEAK ON OUR FACES LOL. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HE IS!!!??? I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW. WHEN HE FIRST GOT HERE HE HAD NO TAIL FEATHERS AT ALL AND SOME OF WHERE THE FEATHERS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WERE BLEEDING. THANKFULLY IT STOPPED AND HIS TAIL FEATHERS HAVE FINALLY GROWN BACK!! HE IS ALL RED, HIS LEGS ARE MOSTLY YELLOW/WHITE & THE BOTTOM OF HIS FEET AND IN BETWEEN HIS TOES ARE DARK PINK & HIS TAIL FEATHERS ARE LIKE METALLIC GREEN! HE'S VERY LARGE AND SUPER HEAVY! HE HAS BEEN WEIGHED AT 15 POUNDS. HIS SPURS ARE LIKE WOW!!! MEASURED AT A LIL OVER 2 INCHES!!! ALSO, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW OLD HE IS IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO GUESSTIMATE ON THAT AS WELL LOL. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!! ALSO, I WILL BE UPLOADING MORE CURRENT PICS IN THE MORNING WHEN THERE IS MORE LIGHT OUT.
    [​IMG]
    ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SHE WAS LOL-I'VE ALSO MADE SURE HER "EAGLE BEAK" WAS TAKEN CARE OF, SHE HAD A HARD TIME EATING. AND HER WING HAS NOW GROWN BACK.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    THIS IS BIG RED NOW. HE'S GOTTEN A LOT HEALTHIER CAN YOU TELL??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LOOK AT HIS SPUR!!! THAT COULD HURT SOMEONE LOL
    [​IMG]
    HE'S SO PRETTY
    [​IMG]
    I WISH I KNEW WHAT SHE IS SHE'S PRETTY TOO
    [​IMG]
    SHE HAS A NORMAL PECKER NOW!

3. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    Pic #1 is a New Hampshire Red Roo
    Pic #2 I think is a Light Speckled Sussex Hen

4. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    OMG thank you so much it's been eating at me for months lol i kept saying rir lol but when his tail feathers got out there i was like... def not rir lol

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good job on getting them healthy again!

6. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    i was bound and determined to get them healthy. i cried when i seen big red bleeding. he wouldn't let me touch him at first. now he's a big ol baby. he's such a stud lol. i was shocked when the other didn't have but like 3 big feathers on her wing. i was very upset about that. but i'm really happy that they are all good now. i was scared cause it was my first time dealing with anything like that.

7. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    I have no idea on the hen's breed, but that rooster definitely looks like a New Hampshire. He's very similar to the NH my boyfriend had. Both of your birds look beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by