What the heck is it? (Delaware or Columbian Wyandotte maybe?)

Chew593

Songster
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
1 hour north of Sacramento, CA
My husband and I broke my broody austrolorp by sticking day old chicks under her in the middle of the night. He went to the local feed store and got a barred rock chick and a baby from a bin labled "black sex link." This little baby was all white fuzz (and, according to my husband, all her bin mates were all white fuzz) Today it is an all white chicken with black tips on it's feathers. My broody is taking wonderful care of them and they're about 3.5 weeks old. I've done some research and I know black sex link males look like barred rocks, and the females are black and brown highlights. Obviously I don't have a black sex link, but would love your humble opinion on the breed.

7902_bernie2.jpg

7902_bernie1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I think s/he is just puffed up getting ready to dust bathe. I didn't get them at TSC I got them from a local owned feed store called Sutter Orchard Supply. I'm hoping not a cornish x. I want a laying bird not a meat bird :-(

Ok, so I've done some internet research and I'm thinking maybe it's a Columbian Wyandotte or a Delaware? I tried calling the feed store, but they're closed on Sundays. Your guesses are more fun anyway.

Back
Top Bottom