What the heck is she? : )

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicknmama, Jul 19, 2010.

1. chicknmama

chicknmama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi,

I was given this bird (the white one) and told she was a cochin. I can't find a picture of a cochin that looks like her. Any guess? She has green legs and a rose comb.
    Thanks,
    Beth
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It looks like she has ear tufts which would make her an Easter Egger. Very pretty! They can lay pink, blue, or green eggs!

Shelly

3. chicknmama

Jun 29, 2010
    How cool! That would be really neat. So you don't think she's a cochin?
    Thanks so much,
    Beth

4. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Definitely not! Cochins are round little fluffballs with feathered feet and a straight comb. I am a little concerned that she looks like she's got saddle feathers which would make her a he. [​IMG] Are you positive it's a girl, and can you get a head shot? Preferably from the side? [​IMG]

Shelly

5. chicknmama

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi,

The same person who said she was a cochin said she was a she:(! I'll try to get another pic.

Thanks again,
    Beth

Ok, here are some pictures of the face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks like a EE roo to me. There isn't a drop of cochin blood in that boy.

Good luck with him. He should start to crow before long. [​IMG]

7. chicknmama

Jun 29, 2010
    omg!!!! We live in the city of Ann Arbor and while we can have hens we cannot, no way, no how, have roosters. Every heard of a rooster that doesn't crow? hehe. I really like him/her. He lets me hold him and he talks to me. Although he does bite the kids and is a little aggressive with the other chickens, it would be a bummer to have to get rid of him.

Thanks for the help about the breed. Here's hoping he/she is a she.
    Beth:rolleyes:

8. chicknmama

Jun 29, 2010
    Does anyone else have an opinion on whether or not this is a roo?
    Beth

9. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I agree...with the head shot, it looks rooish to me. [​IMG] I don't know who you got your chickens from, but it seems like they don't know too much about them. [​IMG] What is your red one supposed to be? Looks like it has some cochin in it, but the head makes me think there's some Polish in her, too.

At least they were given to you! I paid for some "cochins" once and got home and noticed ear tufts. [​IMG] My fault for not paying too much attention. I was mostly looking at the roo...he was gorgeous and a true cochin! LOL! The girls kind of came with him, but they've turned out to be great incubators! LOL!

Sorry about the roo,

Shelly

10. SeaHen

SeaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    She looks like my EE pullet that I thought for awhile was a roo too. Love her eyeliner! I do think it's a hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by