What the heck is with this snow?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I live in Northern NJ and we were only supposed to have flurries. Well it's been snowing steadily since I went out at 10:00am and it hasn't stopped since. I tried to get to work and couldn't even make it up the first hill by my house. News stations keep saying we're only supposed to get under an inch, but we already have OVER an inch. So what gives? I have plans for tonight and I need the snow to stop!

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Montana here so snow shouldn't be a surprise, but it is blizzarding right now! My son just left for the city an hour ago and now I am worried [​IMG] He is 16 and with 2 other kids.

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Ooooo chickn chick let us know if he's OK now I am going to be worried!!! [​IMG]

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:Lauren, I'm with ya! Wasn't supposed to start until noon and it started at 10am and now we have more than yesterday![​IMG]

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Ooooo chickn chick let us know if he's OK now I am going to be worried!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks! Darn kids anyway. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a fellow BYCer (and awesome friend btw) asking her how in the world she ever let go when her kids were teens? She said they are all grown and she is not sure she has [​IMG] I am not liking this growing up thing AT ALL!! I will keep you posted [​IMG]

6. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    So that's where MY snow went. We are supposed to get an additional 3 inches today, but it hasn't started yet....Got 10' last night.

7. xoxocammyxoxo

xoxocammyxoxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    There is snow in the hills and it's supposed to hit us sometime today here in WA... It's a La Nina year...

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Here in KY, the land of crazy weather, it's snowing. While the sun is out. [​IMG]

And just to think, last weekend it was 60 degrees.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:Lauren, I'm with ya! Wasn't supposed to start until noon and it started at 10am and now we have more than yesterday![​IMG]

Well at least I know it's not just me! Everyone keeps telling me it will be fine by the time I have to leave, but I really doubt it. It's already three and still snowing. Even if it stops right now, the roads will still be nasty. I don't want to take chances with my little car!

Kimberly, your post made me laugh. Boy, you guys sure got a lot if you got 10 feet! LOL!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    More coming on Tuesday into Wednesday. That one is supposed to be a "real" storm not like these two last "baby" storms.[​IMG] Going in to Madison Sq Garden tomorrow so hope train service is not affected.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by