What the heck- no eggs today ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by critterwhisper, Jul 25, 2013.

1. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Ok my older girls and middle gals are laying regularly . I usually get almost a dozen a day and two of my Ee started laying while on vacation out of state. We got back yesterday and got 3 eggs total and today it's past their egg laying time and no eggs at all!!what is going on?? I have 25 chickens 4 of them are too young to lay but 21 of my girls are supposed to be laying . I am so confused , they are all acting normal. Any advice ? Thank you

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    I had a family member watching the chickens, horse, dog, and the other critters and even when he was gathering eggs daily there was only maybe 2 dozen all week. Before I left I was getting about 11 at least a day. ?? I just don't get it at all. Today I only have had 3 . Is it possible with them going off their laying maybe they didn't get feed ?? My husband and I are baffled. Was getting ready to have enough surplus of eggs that I was going to start selling to my customers :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by