What the heck?!? Rant...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 21, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Found this on craigslist...

http://allentown.craigslist.org/grd/806680419.html

2 year old white spotted jack. Very good stud, has all his shots, no papers, good disposition great with people. Must sell to make room for upcoming baby. $600.00 OBO

What are they keeping the baby in the flippin' barn?! The excuses people come up with just to 'ditch' or sell their 'beloved family members' really are amazing sometimes.
    I cannot even COUNT the number of horrible ads I've read the past few months... If their pets were so 'loved', they'd make room for them. No matter what.

PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE. [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

No, pets aren't disposable, but the baby should come first. We don't know what their situation is and if it's a matter of have money to feed the baby or feed the pet I would hope the baby came first.

3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:If that's the case, I'd hope they'd write 'financial burden' or something similar. Not the infamous, 'I'm booting the pets because I don't want them, but I'm blaming it on my kids'...

That is what I meant.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Maybe it wasn't a human baby they were making room for? [​IMG] He is, after all, a stud! Maybe they only have barn or pasture for so many and are expecting a baby donkey?

5. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:What business of it is yours???
    Last time I checked, people are allowed to sell animals/pets for any reason they desire. You have no idea what kind of situation this family may be in. Even if they are not in a bad situation, they have every right to sell the animal. I have a flock of chickens that I consider pets and in the future I may sell them if I so desire. I hope I'm not judged by narrow-minded people for selling my pets...[​IMG]

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    i believe they were talking about a Baby donkey..

7. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Quote:What business of it is yours???
    Last time I checked, people are allowed to sell animals/pets for any reason they desire. You have no idea what kind of situation this family may be in. Even if they are not in a bad situation, they have every right to sell the animal. I have a flock of chickens that I consider pets and in the future I may sell them if I so desire. I hope I'm not judged by narrow-minded people for selling my pets...[​IMG]

i think this got a little out of hand... lats all take a deep breath and stop the name calling

8. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] It was a rant, if you didn't want to read it, you shouldn't have clicked it. It was not entirely at the person who posted the donkey. Just people in general who come up with any excuse to 'get rid of' a pet.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If that's the case, I'd hope they'd write 'financial burden' or something similar. Not the infamous, 'I'm booting the pets because I don't want them, but I'm blaming it on my kids'...

That is what I meant.

Sorry I don't think it's any of our business why they're choosing to sell. No where does it say they don't want him. I don't think you're being fair to them when you don't know the situation. The day may come when you have to part with an animal you really care about. I know you'll say that won't ever happen, but never say never. None of us know what the future holds for us or our animals.

10. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Maybe I came across wrong. The donkey post wasn't the one that really peeved me. I've seen people with dogs and cats posting $500 'adoption fees' for months now. People who bought the pet 3 months ago and now they're tired of it, but want their money back.
    That's sad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by