What the heck was I thinking?!?...

Eggsoteric

Songster
9 Years
Nov 25, 2010
Maryland
On a whim (that's how these things start, right?) I decided to expand one of my current coops. I had this marvelous idea of adding a bump-out onto the back door. Now, to me, my idea was the idea to end all ideas; the perfect solution to the old "I need more space in my coop" problem without much building effort having to be expended on my part. Well, turns out, pulling that idea out of my head and putting it into practice are two entirely different things. In sum, my idea, though I still think it a good one, was incomplete in my head and, once I started building, it became clear that my thoughts needed tweaking (having to add this and that making my "weekend project" turn into what is now going on a week project - good thing the weather has worked in my favor). Once complete, and surely I'll complete it soon, right?, I'll post pictures and expect nothing less than "ooos" and "ahhhs" on my "Split Coop 'crack one open today'" idea. ;) Sigh. :th

Last edited:
For the most part it's done, just awaiting the tire for the bumpout: Front before: Front after: Back before: Back after:

Back
Top Bottom