What the HECK??

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
My neighbors on the corner have a pony. In a very small corral with no shelter, while they have a very large yard (dirt, no grass). So each time I drive by, I peek in at the pony. Yup still there, no shelter. I drive by the other day and saw a large lump in the corral. I hit the brakes and looked closely. ITS A COW!!!!! IN the corral with the pony. WTH??

By the way it was been around 105 degrees all week. With no shelter
sad.png
I need to call animal control.

My neighbors one house down has a horse just standing there in one of those tarp-like carports. No grass, no yard, just him in the driveway. I've named her Daisy. At least Daisy has shade! Poor things with no shelter??
rant.gif

Quote:
The no shelter bugs me, but a COW??? In with a pony? I have been tempted to go over there and ask them if I can bring their pony home for a while so he can play. Horses LOVE to play and he is stuck in that thing 24/7 - with a cow.

My horses have no grazing grass, but trust me, they get fed very well!! Two bales of bermuda in the morning and two bales of alfalfa #1 at night. Every other week they get rice, rolled oats, rolled alfafa mixed with oil (they need weight, but it is too hot to give them that all the time right now).

I don't think cows and ponies are disagreeable company... it's better than NONE. They are both social creatures. But yes, call animal control about having no shelter for TWO now...

Quote:
HAHAHA!!! I know that to be true. My issue is that they are BOTH in that small corral. I thought it was too small for the pony before, and now Bessie is in there with him.
hmm.png
And yes, this is the face of shock from un-farm-educated gal.
lol.png
Am I wrong about the space? If I am I will shut up because I really don't know, but we make sure our horses are out every morning so they get their play time in and can run around.

Back
Top Bottom