What the heck?

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
I got 2 of these little boys in a mixed pullet order from MPC. Can't figure out what they are supposed to be! They are much darker than the buff orp pullets, and have yellow-ish legs. Too light for an New Hampshire. Sex link boys are supposed to be white with red, not the opposite. The don't carry Buff Rocks or Leghorns.....

28521_wthchicks_021.jpg

28521_wthchicks_022.jpg

Quote:
it could be.

It's not showing very well in the pic, but they have a yellow wash on the front. None of the girls have had that- and I have raised several BOs from myself and other people. Their legs are more "pink". (the ones from the same hatch). Wouldn't mind if they were BOs- I could sell them off in pairs
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
it could be.

It's not showing very well in the pic, but they have a yellow wash on the front. None of the girls have had that- and I have raised several BOs from myself and other people. Their legs are more "pink". (the ones from the same hatch). Wouldn't mind if they were BOs- I could sell them off in pairs
big_smile.png

Either way you win! I have Buff Rocks and Buff Orpingtons and if you sat both breeds side by side at an early age the leg coloring wasn't definitive. Once they got a little older it became more and more clear. Like I said before...either way (as I'm sure you already know) both are great breeds!

Back
Top Bottom