1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Time Do Pigeons Roost

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Aries, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aries

Aries New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    When is a good time to capture pigeons in the roost. [​IMG]

I have a client that has some pigeons in the attic of his rental property, he paid a guy to remove them and now their back before they could get the opening closed off.

If I remove them and close off the opening where their getting in how long will they hang around before they relies they can't get in and look for another home elsewhere?

Or.

If I remove them how long will i need to keep them penned up so they won't head back? [​IMG]

Or.

If I release them around a grain mill where there is others will they stay and not return to his rental?[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:A good time to grab them is just after dark but still a little light. They will return almost immediately unless you lock them up somewhere for about 4 weeks. Just locking them out will not help. They will move into tree by the house or just about anywhere. It doesn't matter how far away you take them, they will come back home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by