What to ask for Yellow Pheasants?

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
What is a fair price to ask for for either eggs, chicks,singles or pairs? I have a few people asking me for this upcoming spring when my Yellow Goldens start to lay.

Thanks!

I've seen Yellow Golden Pheasants range in prices from $10 to $60 each, depending where they are, bloodlines, demand, sex, etc.

If you have just one pair, it is not recommended to sell them as pairs, as this could add to inbreeding issues.

Are you planning to sell chicks locally? It takes a lot of chicks to keep them warm during shipping, more so than most typical pheasants can produce at one hatching (unless you have multiple hens).

Honestly, I would just wait to see how your hatch goes before even attempting to market them. Counting them before they hatch (you know the old saying), has burned so many in the pheasant world in the past (who remembers a dozen years ago the eggbid fiasco pre-selling of eggs in January & for some reason, I got blamed for it!!!). So my advice, hang tight, enjoy the birds and worry about their market value when you have some ready. If a customer can't handle an answer like that, they don't have patience enough to own any animal!!!

Good luck,
Dan

I have more then just the one pair I started out with now... The one reason I was asking is because I have had people contact me about the prices of Yellow Goldens... The breeder that I bought them from said pairs were he lives go for around $100.. A few years ago a pair of Red Goldens sold quick at $100. Was just wonder:) dont want to make anyone mad at me or anything.

Thanks!

Wow,100.00 a pair?I need to move.In N.H. we get 50.00- 60.00 pair for breeders,40.00 for young birds about 6 months old,chicks 15.00 ea and eggs I don't believe in selling eggs.I don't want to sell someone a chance to hatch birds,I'd rather sell them the birds they want.This way they know they are getting birds not a chance to hacth them as mmost of us know eggs do not hatch well ecspecialty if they need to be shipped.Some,not all shipped eggs are x-rayed,and this kills the embryo.So be wise save your money and buy birds not eggs.It is much cheaper in the long run.
In N.H.,Tony.

I'm in Illinois and they sure don't bring that much in my area either. Breeder prices here are about $50/pr. Last fall I got $35-40 for pairs that were that year's hatch. Have never sold chicks or eggs, but have been tempted when I see some of the prices the eggs sell for online. Like Tony I don't like to sell them a chance to hatch birds and I like to keep them until I can positively sex them and sell pairs.

I get $125 a pair for my yellow golden proven breeders and have had no problem selling them. Its like everything else "supply and demand" depending on where you live I guess.

I get $125 a pair for my yellow golden proven breeders and have had no problem selling them. Its like everything else "supply and demand" depending on where you live I guess.
Wow!If I have some this fall,could you sell them for me?The people in N.H are very tight when if comes to buying birds.I can't get 60.00 for a pair of breeders here.
In N.H.,Tony.

I think I should have made myself a little plainer. That $125 a pair includes free shipping. It actually costs me $75 to ship 2 birds USPS. On the bottom line I'm only making $50 for the pair. Nothing spectacular but I'm able to sell all I have available. I sell all my breeders at the same price, RG,YG, Silver and LA. Ya Tony if we could get $125 a pair profit, we could all retire. Theres a pretty good market for them here in the Phoenix-Tuscon area and I list them on Craigslist in 5 other cities as well.

Well that sounds more reasonable.
Have you ever met Ray Sexton in Payton?I see he is posting all his birds and equipment for sale,so he must be getting out of the birds.He raised birds for a long time.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom