What to be Thankful for and Merry X-Mas 2009 /2010

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by DaKid, Dec 10, 2009.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Begin Thankful for this yr. and the upcoming year ‘s

First of all , I would like to say Merry Christmas -n- Happy New Year to Ya’ll

I’m thankful for being here today, yep that’s right -no kidding

Not to down everyone at this time of year ,But i just had to say this ( I'm very thankful to be here today, no kidding ) . I was diagnose with stage 4 lymphoma cancer , and only had about 6 months to live in Dec. as of 2009 , I had a large growth on my spleen which was almost larger then it self in size , ( your spleen is about the size of your fists so I was told ) and also had some cancer growths 1” dim. plus in size on my liver, hearth, and also on my liver , this was told to me back in the begin of December of 2009 which is about today date , Nice X-MAS Present to me and my wife and family .

Well after during Some very heavy chemo treatment (as of Jan . of 2009 ) ever other week (or 14 days ) and for 8-10 hrs a day- for 5 months of living in hell and I mean living hell ,I finish my last treatment of chemo as of Arp.21, 2009 " Thank God " which was my birthday , and as of July 2009 after one of the last pet scans , I was told that the cancer was gone for the most part and only one spot was left. Well as of Today..........A Year Later ........I’m Still Alive .........for now .....and Thankfully to be here , all my tests are coming back good for now .
    So I ‘m very Happy and Thankful for my new life in life at the age of 48 years old , I’m - thankful for my family - friend and my pets that’s what keep me going and have one thing or a few things to live for and that is To Live -for Life .

I’m very Thankful for my Family , my Pets and Family
    and I wish YA’LL the Best , and a Merry , Merry Christmas to Ya' ll and God Bless to each and everyone of you , hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas , good health, wish the best to ya’ll, you are in my mind and prayers .

God Bless ya’ll

Alan

2. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I am thankful for my family.. pets, friends ... and I am thankful for my DH job and that I have a warm place to live ... anmd My families health

3. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thankful for people like you that fight the fight and survive. My daughter is a survivor too. But I think of all those who went before her whose treatment may or may n ot have saved them, but showed the way to a final cure. My daughter survived a cancer that one of my high school friends did not. Thank You All who bravely call yourselves a survivor. [​IMG]

4. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    PeeperKeeper
    I'm thankful for people like you that fight the fight and survive. My daughter is a survivor too. But I think of all those who went before her whose treatment may or may n ot have saved them, but showed the way to a final cure. My daughter survived a cancer that one of my high school friends did not. Thank You All who bravely call yourselves a survivor.

Thank You very much, PeeperKeeper
    you know I though I was untouchable threw out my years, I was healthy as a horse for my 47 yrs. Never really been sick ,never really when to see the doctors , I was good in healthy so I thought , but it happen to me , yes I survive or cope like some or most due ,
    But it not just surviving but it’s the HOPE to survive . With out the HOPE we would not be here today.
    I'm happy to hear that Your DAUGTHER is a survive also ( hope she is doing good ) , she must of had Hope . She forth the fight to live , the fight to be with her family -n- childred and grandchildren , friends , pets , and life of begin alive .

I realized very quickly that what I really, really wanted IN my life was what was most important to me in my life in itself , it was my wife - my children - my grandchildren - friends and my pets , that’s what kept the fight going strong when I was really down and still does as of today .But it that Hope , the hope to do what I was put here to do for my family -n- chrildren / grandchildren -friend and pets .

It's hard for me to said what I mean in words but I very , very happy to be here a year later .

So Lets here it you much be Happy or Thankful for something this year and the coming year of 2010

Alan​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by