What to charge for services? **UPDATE** GOT A BETTER JOB!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cindiloohoo, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Sitting with elderly lady bedridden with a feeding tube. Light housework, cooking, cleaning etc. 8-10 hours a day. Anybody do this? I have absolutley NO clue what to charge!! I don't want to overshoot, but don't want to undercut myself out of some much needed income either. So average prices?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    So nobody does this? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    I have a friend that does this, but she's not on this board. Want me to ask her for you on FB? I have no idea what to charge. [​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Are there any places close to you that offer this/these services? If so I would call them and inquire like you were cost hunting for this service.

5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Please and thanks!!! I reeeeally need some sort of idea soon [​IMG] I may have a job a few days a week!!! A MUCH NEEDED JOB! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Will do! [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Only nursing homes, and I'm not trying to take the poor old ladies entire SS check! So, not a good base for decision making sadly.

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:Only nursing homes, and I'm not trying to take the poor old ladies entire SS check! So, not a good base for decision making sadly.

Yeah, a Nursing home is not a good reference point [​IMG]

What about a craigslist or big(little) nickle (free type ad paper) - sometime they have people offering their services. Then you can always adjust the price as you see fitting.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Try looking in the phone book for Home Health Agencies, Waiver Provider Agencies or Group Homes. The rate of pay is generally the same. In Louisiana, people charge anywhere from $10.00 - $12.00 per hour but this is the poor state of Louisiana. Depending on your area, the hourly rate may be more. Call around to any place that hires CNA (Certified Nursing Assistants), Personal Care Attendants or Direct Service Workers. Nursing homes pay an hourly rate for their CNA's, Ward Clerks, and Aides.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN

Yeah, a Nursing home is not a good reference point [​IMG]

What about a craigslist or big(little) nickle (free type ad paper) - sometime they have people offering their services. Then you can always adjust the price as you see fitting.

that is a good idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by