What to cover run/coop with?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by newtothis, May 20, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Our run and coop is finally done (large area that we filled with sand). It borders our house on one side and a fence on the other, what material can I use to cover them and keep them safe from predators like cats and other critters? I read fishing wire but I have no idea how that would work with the house on one side and the fence on the other.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole

2. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    Lowes..............plastic "deer fence". 7' X 100' = $13.00. I used it. It's not bulletproof but, all your doing is stopping a hawk from a quick snatch N grab.

3. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I would recommend going with the heavy duty nylon netting. It is great. Our back yard is enclosed with deer fencing and it is a pain in the neck. Large branches will tear it. My run has been up for almost a year now and the nylon still looks brand new. We had around 70" total of snow and it held up fine, no tears from the branches falling either. Easy to just drape over the existing fencing and it came in a 25 x 50' piece which I needed. Do a search for more information from others using it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by