what to do about two ganders?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bravevline, Dec 6, 2013.

1. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    in the spring, i bought two Chinese Goslings. unfortuneately, they've both turned out to be ganders!!! ;( how do you get a female thats already an adult. since ive already worked hard on these two, i dont want to get more goslings to grow to get my reward. is there anywhere thats willing to ship an adult Chinese Goose? id be willing to pay a pretty high price!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Maybe auctions? or post in your states thread on the "where am I where are you" here on BYC.

3. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    You know it doesnt really matter what age the goose is :/

4. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

But a single female gosling is hard work serv!

5. bravevline

Apr 30, 2013
    actually it does. i wanted eggs this coming spring, but if i get more goslings, ill have to wait another year

6. Any breed female would be ok with them unless you are a purist when it comes to breeding. I would try Craigslist and maybe run an add in a local ad bulletin paper thats how i found mine.

7. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe there´s someone that has two geese and would like to do a swap with one...you don´t intend to keep the two ganders, do you? If so, you need to get at least two more geese to keep the peace. And like 8 said, if it´s difficult to come across some chinese females, you could settle for any breed to begin with, don´t have to let them raise goslings, and then when you have your chinese females, the other breed geese could help hatch out their eggs..........

8. bravevline

Apr 30, 2013
    i MIGHT had found some!

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Well if he wants eggs and goslings thats a different story from a year old to 7-10 year old goose the eggs are most fertile but a older goose or a year less old goose the eggs shorten and arent as fertile

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by