What to do after 5-Day Corid treatment?

RNjoy17

Chirping
May 2, 2021
Hi all :frow

I have a flock that is on the final day of a 5-Day Corid treatment for cocciodiosis. What are some recommendations to do after treatment for supplements? I've seen some posts recommend a smaller dose Corid preventative treatments. Some have even said to supplements with electrolytes or probiotics. Some have even suggested yogurt for probiotic. What would you do? And if you recommend yogurt, what kind of yogurt can I give to my chicks? For supplements on hand I currently have Sav-a-Chick & Manna Pro's Hydro-Hen.

My flock is 14 3 week old BO's & Blue Plymouth Rocks.

Hydro Hen is just electrolytes. Depending on which Sav A Chick you have it may be just electrolytes as well.

If all the chicks seem fine and are eating/drinking/active - plain water is just fine.
If you feel you need to give them something, then a little plain yogurt stirred into their feed would be o.k. for a few days.

Hydro Hen is just electrolytes. Depending on which Sav A Chick you have it may be just electrolytes as well.

If all the chicks seem fine and are eating/drinking/active - plain water is just fine.
If you feel you need to give them something, then a little plain yogurt stirred into their feed would be o.k. for a few days.
Thank you for your response!

What signs would chicks show if they needed electrolytes or probiotics? Just overall lethargy?

Back
Top Bottom