1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what to do if anything???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chick rookie, Jan 2, 2014.

1. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    I got a new pup, he had worms and a few chickens got in the same yard and I found them eating the worms... yuk!!! now what? do I need to worm the chickens? and if so with what? can we still eat the eggs? I dont want to get worms. help please [​IMG]

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Dog worms do not infest birds, or vice verse. You can, however, get some kinds of worms (roundworms, hookworms) from your dog, so you definitely want to get that taken care of pronto - as well as a good yard cleanup.

1 person likes this.
  3. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    ok thanks good to know, I know we can get them, just didn't know if it could be passed to the chickens. I have already wormed the pup so that is out of the way ... as far as the yard cleaning... well we have 6" of snow right now so that will have to wait ... lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by