what to do if duck drinks tiny bit of chocolate milk EMERGENCY

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by asdfghjkl, Dec 13, 2011.

1. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl New Egg

Dec 13, 2011
    my duck got into a bowl of chocolate cereal and milk that i had on my table and i think she got one little taste of it and spilled the rest

what do i do? should i flush her with charcoal capsules?

2. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't worry [​IMG] They need more than a small bit for it to be harmful. I'm quite sure that your duck will be fine. Just make sure she has access to clean water.

3. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl New Egg

Dec 13, 2011
    70%cocoa :

Don't worry [​IMG] They need more than a small bit for it to be harmful. I'm quite sure that your duck will be fine. Just make sure she has access to clean water.

thank you or the reply, good to know. next time i wont leave food on the table for her to jump and grab [​IMG]

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Well is anything wrong with her ? I don't think that should hurt her.

5. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    I'm glad it sounds like your duck will be okay. I have no advice, but just wanted to say [​IMG]

6. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl New Egg

Dec 13, 2011
    Quote:She just dipped her beak (think she took a drink too) in it 5 mins ago. she's peched on 1 foot going to sleep, i'm going to watch her closely tonight. [​IMG]

7. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    The chocolate in most milks is very diluted. I wouldn't worry about that small amount. The reason chocolate kills most animals die from chocolate is it accelorates the heart rate. So I'd just keep the animal calm, and give him pleanty of fresh water.

8. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:I'm thinking the duck will be fine. Now if she had decided to eat and drink the bowl dry, you might have a problem. Why is there a duck on the table?

9. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Give her some cookies [​IMG] JK I don't think it will really hurt the duck in a small amount.

10. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl New Egg

Dec 13, 2011
    Quote:I'm thinking the duck will be fine. Now if she had decided to eat and drink the bowl dry, you might have a problem. Why is there a duck on the table?

She jumps on the table every so often to explore and get into trouble [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by