What to do in Tampa for a month?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cindiloohoo, May 28, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    What is there to do? Beach is out. House has a pool. DD13 is going down for a month. She'll be chickenless for a MONTH...how will she stand it?!!? Are there any chickens in Tampa? [​IMG] Oh...and I'M FREE FOR A MONTH!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just had to get that out [​IMG] NO KIDS FOR 30 DAYS!!!! I'll try to wait till the last day to miss her [​IMG] [​IMG] I already know it won't work, but I can try.. They are going to Universal Studios for 3 days. Other than that, she doesn't even know what there is to see or do down there. Anybody have any ideas?

2. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
  3. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Thanks! I have no idea what her grandfather has in mind for her. She wanted some ideas of her own from well...normal people. Granddad is a bit of a snob and NOT like us. He calls our town Chickenfoot and Poedunk because our stores close at midnight [​IMG] Anyway, we would Google and such, but I really am looking for more personal responses. You can't find all the little quaint places to eat clam chowder from Google [​IMG] We are small town, and looking for more along the lines of "exciting new place" but at the same time "down to earth" and not crazy expensive entertainment. Small petting zoo's or something similar to keep her from missing home so much. I can't find anything like that on Google, so I'm leaning on my chicken buddies for some REAL insight [​IMG]

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Ha ha.. Chickenfoot!! I live not very far from a place really named Chickenfoot.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup..Lowry park and Bush Gardens... i love both of those places..
    oOh.. Cypress Gardens... or Wikki Watchie (sp?)...
    Or a Wet and Wild water park... or Sea World....Gator land...
    Theres LOTS to do in Florida
    Ybor (sp?) city is fun to check out too...

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Ms.FuzzyButts :

Ha ha.. Chickenfoot!! I live not very far from a place really named Chickenfoot.

[​IMG] I HIGHLY doubt Larry has ever been there. He's the two story on the golf course with a perfectly manicured 'lawn' kinda guy that makes fun of us 'hillbillies' for having chickens and animals. His snobbery really gets under my skin sometimes. I worry about DD having a good time because he is so uppity about things. I don't think these people even own any real dirt.. [​IMG] They have sod, not grass. Their house is so sterile you could perform surgery on their kitchen floor [​IMG] Plastic people make me queasy. My kid likes real dirt, and dusty chickens, and goat poop on the bottom of her mud boots..and she eats her salad with the same darn fork she eats her steak with, no sense in making too many dishes to have to wash, right?! I do hope DD has a good time though, but I know I wouldn't, and she is like me in a lot of ways. I just wonder how many forms of sterile torture the child can handle. Like I said, not sure what they have planned, but dirt needs to be in there somewhere, and chickens are preferrable at least once during the whole trip. She'll have the pool out back, but there is only so much swimming without fish one little country girl can take [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Gator land...she would like that. I'll have to tell her about it. What's Wikki Watchie? NM I'll Google that [​IMG] I'll show her Lowry Park too. Larry will be more likely to have her golfing [​IMG]

8. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I drool over places like that. But could never live like that. I would go insane. How long could a person be sane if they didn't have chicken poop tracked into the house on, atleast, a weekly basis? Not I. I will be surprised if she isn't bored after a week.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Gator land...she would like that. I'll have to tell her about it. What's Wikki Watchie? NM I'll Google that [​IMG] I'll show her Lowry Park too. Larry will be more likely to have her golfing [​IMG]

Heres Weeki Wachee

http://www.weekiwachee.com/

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Ms.FuzzyButts :

I drool over places like that. But could never live like that. I would go insane. How long could a person be sane if they didn't have chicken poop tracked into the house on, atleast, a weekly basis? Not I. I will be surprised if she isn't bored after a week.

I KNOW!!! That's what I am hoping to avoid at all cost! [​IMG] This month is going to be a LOOOOONG one for her..LOL! She's excited, but I think she will be pretty bored after the first week. They aren't going to Universal until the last 3 days, so that's a lot of filler to make up 2 and a half weeks of in between. Too clean is irksome to me. I HATE it, and so does she. Dana hovers over her putting her glass in the sink if she walks away for one second. THAT is going to drive her crazy...LOL!!! She came home griping about that last time, it was hillarious to hear her go on and on about how it got on her nerves though [​IMG] I hope they aren't as uptight this time [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by