1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to do with a Roo??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by linsee2, Aug 6, 2011.

1. linsee2

linsee2 New Egg

Jul 15, 2011
    I bought two Easter Eggers. I was given a 95% guarantee that they were both hens...I just found out one was a roo (it's crowing in the morning). I also rescued a Cornish Cross and judging on it's behavior I feel like it is a roo as well. What do I do? They are both very friendly as I have handled them a lot the past few months. I would like to find someone who will treat them humanely...whether they eat them or not.

Any suggestions?

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Try running a ad on craigslist, make sure you have a nice photo, make sure you say he is a pet, that you can hold him, really stress the point that this is a nice rooster! I know there are a lot of roosters out there but it comes down to who can market there rooster the best so they do go into loving homes. Also make sure you don't put free, that is if you don't want him eaten. I've had no problem finding homes for two of my roosters. If I can't find homes for them, they stay. Good luck![​IMG]

3. linsee2

linsee2 New Egg

Jul 15, 2011
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by