What to do with all these Silkie roo's?

I try to find them homes, and if I can't, the feed store near me will take them to sell.
I have a hard time finding homes because I think most people take them to eat and I have silkies, not very popular for eating.

Quote:
Tht is what i have is silkies.....and i prefer them not to be eaten. **Sigh** maybe i'll make some calls to the local feed stores i'm not against eating chicken lol its just i don't think silkies have much to offer in tht area
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Not sure what is available in Ohio, but here in Oregon I was able to find (though a great person on BYC!) an animal sanctuary that took my roo. I couldn't bare the thought of him going to the pot
sad.png
Just a thought?

Any luck with putting them on craigs list? How bout putting them up for auction here? I would be willing to give them away to someone tht would care for them. They are very handsome and very sweet!

I just rehomed 3 but still have about 7 more to go!
roll.png
I had so many roos!!! I did rehome all of them on craigslist. I do put a price to them just to avoid the cockfighting people on there. If someone contacts me and I see they are decent people, then I do usually give them away to the person. My most recent one is going to a new home as a birthday present for a little boy this weekend! I think he will be well loved!
But since I had so many boys my girls were so stressed so I made them a little girl playpen for during the day! They love it knowing the evil boys can't get in at them and my blind girl is safe in that also. They are looking and acting so much better. I also put 2 very mild mannered boys in with them so they can get some peace too.

Last edited:
Quote:
tht is what is goin on here my poor girls are so stressed out they have no peace what so ever. they are bald and tired and the boys just won't leave them alone. I don't have the room to seperate the boys from the girls but i like your playpen idea. I am gonna try on craigs list. ty for sharing your story with me

Back
Top Bottom