What to do with Jalapeño Jam and Baby Back ribs?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Moabite, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I know this combo works good, but not sure how I want to cook it. I'd love to here some suggestions.
    Ps. .Jalapeno Poppers for an appetizer.

2. ImStillMags

ImStillMags Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Quote:I would make a bbq sauce with the jalapeno jam. Slow cook the ribs with just a salt and pepper rub and finish them to a nice deep glaze with the jalapeno bbq sauce.....

dang, now I want some [​IMG]

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Sounds good but I also add creole seasoning. It's not hot, just adds lots of flavor and mybe a little lemon or lime juice.

4. Moabite

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Good suggestions! Ok.. so I put the ribs in a pan, added two bottles of Henry Wienhard's Root Beer and free poured salt to make a brine. Covered 'em and put 'em in the fridge. Creole seasoning is a must! I'll mix my own from the spices in the rack. I got to go stuff some Jalapenos, BRB

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Send some my way!

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I think you got lost.....were here. Hello! You ate and got stuffed and passed out didn't you?

Sounds good and I love stuffed peppers. What did you stuff them with? Cheese?

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Darn now I have to make ribs. Good thing I have some in the freezer. [​IMG]

Thanks for NOTHING!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Sounds like poison food. [​IMG] Better send it to me for testing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Moabite

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:[​IMG] Sorry about that, I got too busy. I didn't pass out however....

Poppers where the last crop from my three giant plants. Cut the stem off, sliced down the middle, seeded, stuffed with Onion and Chive Cream Cheese, wrapped in bacon, stabbed with a tooth pick and baked in the oven until barely cooked enough. (warning: Wear gloves while handling raw peppers! 13 year old son didn't and found out the hard way after using the bathroom. [​IMG]) I must have eaten 30 of 'em. So many I could only eat 4 ribs instead of a whole rack

[​IMG]

Ribs where patted dry after the brine, coated on both sides with improvised Creole seasoning (fresh ground pepper, white pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, thyme, oregano, basil, sea salt, paprika, and cyan pepper), put on a charcoal grill. I used those mesquite chips that you soak in water before sprinkling over hot coals. Mixed olive oil with the Jalapeno Jelly that we bought at the farmer's market and glazed both sides about 15 minuter before done.

They surpassed my expectations!! The Creole seasoning made the difference. Thanks Wolftracks!

There are some leftover! Who wants breakfast?

Thanks guys!

10. ImStillMags

ImStillMags Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Quote:[​IMG] Sorry about that, I got too busy. I didn't pass out however....

Poppers where the last crop from my three giant plants. Cut the stem off, sliced down the middle, seeded, stuffed with Onion and Chive Cream Cheese, wrapped in bacon, stabbed with a tooth pick and baked in the oven until barely cooked enough. (warning: Wear gloves while handling raw peppers! 13 year old son didn't and found out the hard way after using the bathroom. [​IMG]) I must have eaten 30 of 'em. So many I could only eat 4 ribs instead of a whole rack

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49658_picture_746.jpg

Ribs where patted dry after the brine, coated on both sides with improvised Creole seasoning (fresh ground pepper, white pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, thyme, oregano, basil, sea salt, paprika, and cyan pepper), put on a charcoal grill. I used those mesquite chips that you soak in water before sprinkling over hot coals. Mixed olive oil with the Jalapeno Jelly that we bought at the farmer's market and glazed both sides about 15 minuter before done.

They surpassed my expectations!! The Creole seasoning made the difference. Thanks Wolftracks!

There are some leftover! Who wants breakfast?

Thanks guys!

So....you FedExed mine and I'll get them tomorrow, right? heheh [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by