What to do with Roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by brooke1015, Jul 26, 2013.

1. brooke1015

brooke1015 In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2013
    I had five "pullets" and two I think ended up being roosters. My city does not allow roosters... any suggestions on re-homing them?? I have some friends who live in the country, but they already have roosters and I am not sure if we should introduce more to their flock? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

P.S. I will post pictures to get all of you lovely people's advice when I get a new pcture of each later tonight. I keep getting an error message saying that I do not have permission to post pictures yet... I am still not sure why.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

2. maran man 32

maran man 32 Chirping

May 5, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Yes pics would help :)

3. Pics would help, but the sad fact is when rehoming cockerals a fair amount are just going to end up as chickens and dumplings.
    Depending on how many roosters and hens they have, you can Introduce the Roos when they're young as possible, so they won't feel the need to be dominant. That's the way to make great Roos :D
    Best of luck

4. SPARKLESILKIE

SPARKLESILKIE Chirping

Dec 9, 2012
    South Florida
    I may have a friend that's interested..... But I'd have to show her with a picture ;)

5. brooke1015

Jul 25, 2013
    Thanks, everyone! I'll post pics tonight or first thing tomorrow morning, depending on if the chickens are up when I get home tonight or if they are already in their henhouse. I really appreciate the support!! Sparklesilke- they are a Delaware and a Rhode Islan Red if that helps for now, but I promise to post pics soon!

6. brooke1015

Jul 25, 2013
    Here are the pics as promised! <y husband has our good camera on a camping trip, so I had to use my iphone, sorry if the quality isn't great. Let me know what you think! Roosters?

Rhode Island Red and Delaware...

Thank you!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SPARKLESILKIE

SPARKLESILKIE Chirping

Dec 9, 2012
    South Florida
    Those are some beautiful ones I'll be sure to ask her:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by