what to do

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy Rooster, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Crazy Rooster

Crazy Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2010
    Farmersville Texas
    have a hatch ready for lock down in 5 days. Someone gave my daughter 1 duck egg and 3 bannie eggs so we put them in with the others. they are fertile can i still turn them in the lock down stage if done quickly?

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Let me ask... You have a current clutch in the incubator... It is due to go into lockdown in 5 days.. If this is the correct situation, then I would wait till this hatch is completed..

Reason #1 If you have a styrobator you will be opening it up at least 3 times daily for turning. Though that isn't a lot, it just gives mr. murphy a reason to visit.

Reason #2 As those little chicks start hatching, they will play kick ball with any egg in that bator. If you put them in there now, it could be 7 days before the last of your hatch is removed, therefore once again allowing Mr. Murphy a reason to visit and watch chicken soccer.

I would just wait... As long as these eggs are fresh, 7 days shouldn't hurt them.. Just make sure you store them small side down and give them a little gentle turn 3 times daily till you put them in your bator..

My 2 cents.

Oh and [​IMG] from West Monroe, Louisiana!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  3. Crazy Rooster

Crazy Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2010
    Farmersville Texas
    no we put the other four eggs in a week ago. so i guess chances are we will lose the four?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by