What to feed mixed flock?

Oct 22, 2020
I have 6 silkies and 3 golden comets. We had another golden comet that was laying daily, but unfortunately ended up having calcium issues and broke her femur so she had to be euthanized. What should we be feeding everyone to ensure that the comets get the calcium they need with their high egg production, and the silkies’ higher protein requirements are met without being detrimental to the roosters? I’ve read that all flock feed + oyster shells is good, but I’d like to hear your opinions. Thanks

I have 6 silkies and 3 golden comets. We had another golden comet that was laying daily, but unfortunately ended up having calcium issues and broke her femur so she had to be euthanized. What should we be feeding everyone to ensure that the comets get the calcium they need with their high egg production, and the silkies’ higher protein requirements are met without being detrimental to the roosters? I’ve read that all flock feed + oyster shells is good, but I’d like to hear your opinions. Thanks
All Flock, Flock Raiser or non-medicated chick starter with oyster shell on the side are all good options.

Like Dobie said, the flock mix of feed is great for diverse flocks.
But you have a bumbling oaf of a rooster like me, he'll be eating the shell too.:he

Back
Top Bottom