What to feed turkeys ducks and chickens?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Deleon98, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Deleon98

Deleon98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    I have them on a mixed flock feed and provide oyster shells that I never see them use. Today I noticed that one of my hens was eating an egg so I'm wondering if they're not getting the right nutrition. I want to know if I should use meatbird crumbles and if I'd need to supplement the calcium still. I just need something that'll be good for everyone to eat. I have two ducks (both drakes), two turkey poults that I'm keeping as pets and eight chickens one of which is a rooster.

2. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Egg eating is a bad habit and not necessarily indicative of a nutritional deficiency. Honestly, I would keep feeding what you're feeding them, but look into some boredom busters and such to keep them more occupied and entertained instead.

3. Deleon98

Deleon98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    I don't understand how she could be bored because she free ranges all day with everyone else. I don't think it's her first egg either because for the longest time I thought they stopped laying but I discovered they started nesting under the house. Pulled out around forty eggs and scattered around I was able to see cracked eggs with no yolk. I figured it was just stuff like raccoons or rats. That habits seems broke though cause the past two days I've collected 3 eggs from 3 of the four laying hens.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by