what to feed when they just hatch?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ninnyeggs, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ninnyeggs

ninnyeggs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    i have six eggs in the incubator and one hatched this morning. what feed do they get? i have medicated starter grower. thanks for your info [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Medicated starter is fine. I use Dumor 20% starter. It's non medicated. I've been feeding non-medicated the past 3 years and so far no problems with coccidia. Knock on wood.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. ninnyeggs

Apr 21, 2011
    thanks [​IMG] i hope more of my silkies hatch [​IMG] still only one [​IMG]

4. jtr

jtr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    are any others pipped post pics if you can i would like to see

5. ninnyeggs

Apr 21, 2011
    pics will def be posted soon [​IMG] but there is a huge problem. the supposed silkie has pink feet and with no feathers on its feet. so i contacted the seller. i wish silkies were born with pink feet lol i dont have much more room at all for chcikens so im not sure i can keep it and still be able to have silkies [​IMG] ohh what to do

6. ninnyeggs

Apr 21, 2011
    here is a pic of it
    and no other pips yet
    [​IMG]

7. ninnyeggs

Apr 21, 2011
    ill get a better one when its out of the bator

8. jtr

jtr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    im no expert on silkies facts are never even seen one in real life but that does not look like on i have seen good luck on your other eggs hope they hatch keep an update on how they are doing and get pics of more of them if they hatch also how long have they been in the bator i would think by 21 22 days you would at least have more pipped by now if it has been that long

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by