What to feed?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by buckyscheerio, Sep 2, 2014.

1. buckyscheerio

buckyscheerio Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    east central Wisconsin
    I have a 6 yr old Nigerian Dwarf wether and I just got a 6 week old mini fainter doeling. I recently lost a 4 yr old NG wether to urinary calculi. I've only ever fed my wethers grassy hay, free choice salt w/selenium and free choice baking soda and pasture in the summer. After losing Ralph I ordered some Manna pro goat minerals and some ammonium chloride which I plan to give free choice. I'm wondering if the minerals and AC will be ok for the doeling and, if I get some goat pellets will it be ok to give the wether some. Should I just get pellets or grain for Fanny and not let Otis have any? I do not plan to breed Fanny at all, these are both just pets. I can't seem to find any definite info on feeding does who aren't for breeding or on feeding wethers.

2. aprille218

aprille218 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    northern MN
    Give the minerals, grass hay and AC to both but limit the wether to only "treats" of pellets (not alfalfa based if you can find them too much calcium for wethers)
    Aprille

3. buckyscheerio

buckyscheerio Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    east central Wisconsin
    Thanks a bunch, the minerals and AC were delivered today so I'll put them out and see what I can find for pellets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by