what to get from M.C.M

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cochin123, Nov 8, 2009.

1. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    we get $100 to spend at mcm on chicken chicks olny , but cant settle on one breed , what do yall like and why . i have had very good luck this year in 4h i got best in show and got the $100 gift card to them.any help would be very help full, and will keep yall informed on what i pick and how the do (along with pictures ) !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Congratulations. Well done!!

If you could tell us something about why you want chickens we might be able to make some suggestions. Do you want eggs, meat, eggs and meat, pets, pets and eggs, to show, to sell, to breed, to eat bugs, deposits for a compost heap, something else or some other combination?

3. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    thanks, i want them to show , sell and to breed

4. delawaregirl09

delawaregirl09 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say Delawares. Beautiful birds, and great. Although your talking about a hatchery... right? I would go with the Rhode Island Red as well, WONDERFUL egg producers, and Red Stars/Sexlinks lay amazing, but your wanting to show, so I would go with a Delaware! Of course, I love these birds, so I would suggest them to anyone. Maybe get a few different breeds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by