What to give a broody hen to make her happy? Hard to explain, read more plz!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sillychicks123, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sillychicks123

sillychicks123 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2013
    My silkie hen had just gone broody, and I was wondering if there was anything I could give her to make her think she has hatched we eggs. It's kinda confusing to explain, but I mean instead of giving her chicks to think of as her own, is there anything else I could give her to make her think they are her chicks? I deffinently can't have any more chicks, and we aren't getting any kittens or anything along the lines of pets, my parents don't want anymore animals and that's for sure! Are there any toys or tricks you have gotten ur broody hen to make her think they are her own and satisfy her needs? Please let me know ASAP! Open to all suggestions, thanks!!

2. HS Pye

HS Pye Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Texas
    I see where you're coming from. Can you let her hatch the chicks and then sell them?

3. sillychicks123

sillychicks123 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2013
    Doubt it:( my parents are really set on not having ANY more chicks/chickens. We've had a really rough go with my chickens Turing out to be Roos and so I think my parents are just sick of chickens in general lol, plus there worried Id wanna keep a couple. Also, they aren't chicken people, AT ALL, so when I told them, they just replied to me "just spend extra time with her" lol

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by